Areas of Service

Areas of Service
Areas where Elder Hagen has served:

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Week 2: One for Mom and One for Dad (and finally pictures)



Mom:

Hi!

So, to answer your questions... I did get the box, thank you so much
for it! The snacks where a bit overkill, but, I digress. The sleep
water, it helped me fall asleep and I don't wake up as much, but I
think it has some side effects, as in I need to use the restroom more,
and It feels like I am dizzy all the time. And yes, I am feeling
better, it was apparently just a REALLY bad cold, and allergies.

Elder Scott has been out about 8 months now, he heads home the March 
before I leave. And yes, that address I sent you, the 3 bedroom 2 bathroom 
home, is shared between me and elder Scott.
The neighborhood is quite, very, quite, and on a hill, so, every night
after we are done biking, I have to pedal myself back up, that hill.

So, this week, just kinda flew by. In all honesty, it's been a blur
aside from the usual biking and tracting and some of the bigger
events, For example, Tuesday, it rained, so, me and elder Scott, where
riding around in the humidity all day. And on Saturday, we had a
"service project" in which we supervised a hike with a member of our
ward and his Weblo troop.

And that's my week. Nothing to spiffy, nothing too exciting, thank you
so much for the packages, love ya, I'll write to you next week! bye!

Love,
Elder Tayler Hagen


Dad

Hey hi!

So, sorry for not sending you an email last week, I got caught up in
reading all the mail that was sent to me, that by the end of the
period in which I could send mail, I didn't get the chance to write to
you. I'll try better about getting you an update.

I am doing a lot better, thank you and mom for the packages, me and
elder Scott have been snacking away at all the different junk foods,
and the medicine, it was a tad excessive, but I am now prepared for
the next time I get sick.

Thank you for the pictures every week as well, my email does this
strange thing where it hides emails that are over two weeks old, so,
getting new pictures from you and the family every week is a real
treat, I especially like the one you sent of you and mom with Spencer
and his friends on the Matterhorn,

So, I know you get and read moms email, so, I won't rehash anything I
said to her, but I want to answer and reply to your questions and your
week cause, you asked them, and told me about your week.

So, for starters, I wasn't disappointed when I said my work was a lot
of reactivation, I know my calling, and inviting all to come unto
Christ is what I am here for, whether they have heard his name or not,
so if I sounded bummed, I wasn't, it's just hard to convey emotion
through text.

So, my iPad, I actually got it the day I arrived. Our plane landed, we
picked up our luggage, and we where shipped off to the  local stake
center for iPad orientation. I can get and read emails all week long
as long as I have wifi, so feel free to write anything during the
week.

Smokers, I have seen 0, and it has kinda bummed me out. From what I've
been told, unless it's an indoor smoker, it can get too humid here for
a smoker to stay smoking. I wish I can be there for some pulled pork,
we can get it at our local Bojangles restaurant, but it ain't the
same.

My ward is having a "fall festival", basically the same thing your
doing, but, with a focus on all of fall instead of a focus on
Halloween, and chili, we are having a chili cook off.

And, that is basically it! I try to write to everyone that emails me
when I have time, so I'm really sorry I wasn't able to get to you last
week, anyway,

Love ya! I hope you, Spencer, Mom, and Jacob, continue doing well, I
pray for you every night and can't wait for Christmas when I get to
Skype all of you!

Continue doing well! Help Spencer learn and manifest his priesthood
calling, tell everyone back home I miss them! Thank you for
everything! Love ya dad!

-elder Tayler Hagen


And look, pictures!

We went to Waffle House before our "service project".


Hiking

Our house

My District









No comments:

Post a Comment