Areas of Service

Areas of Service
Areas where Elder Hagen has served:

Friday, November 4, 2016

Week 3: "Transferred"



Elder Mario
   
Happy Halloween!

So, my week has been a real blur, nothing really stood out. Basically
to sum it up, it's been biking up and down, to and fro, there and
back, visiting members and less actives with a couple potential
investigators in between. But hey, I'm keeping trying to keep
optimistic, so, it's been good.

Yesterday, Sunday, was actually pretty interesting, I got transferred.

So Sunday, we had a special meeting with our ward and two other wards,
and president Smith and his wife showed up. Essentially what happened
was our stake presidency, had called this meeting to create another
ward out of the already existing wards, each with an attendance of
about 300. So, my previous ward, Clover Hill, and the two other wards
above and below us, had boundary changes, and as a result, our
residence, just so happened to be in the middle of the new ward, the
Brandermill ward.

And so, here I am now, opening a new ward as the first junior
missionary in the Brandmill ward, we lost a good chunk of members, but
we gained a good amount as well. The best part being our new bishop,
bishop Gregory, grew up in San Dimas.

(This next bit is his response to something I wrote him about a Relief Society lesson I'm teaching on President Uchtdorf's talk: “O How Great the Plan of Our God”. In it President Uchtdorf encouraged us to remember the great knowledge we have, and not taking it for granted. One of my favorite lines from this talk was “We tread a path covered with diamonds, but we can scarcely distinguish them from ordinary pebbles.”)

About your relief society lesson, I would agree in the fact that it
gets misused, often times the stuff we learn, or the information we
read, gets pushed aside, mistranslated, or just simply forgotten,
usually making all that this life is for, experiences, learning,
bringing ourselves closer to Christ, pointless. Essentially, we are
wasting those diamonds, throwing them back among the pebbles thinking
they are useless.

But, that's about it for my email, the pictures are of the new area,
and the other of me and elder Scott, plus two other elders from our
zone, wearing mustaches.

I love you and everyone else so much, I miss ya, it gets hard
sometimes, but knowing everyone is rooting for me helps me so very,
very much.

Love ya, stay safe! I've already crashed my bike once! No one was hurt!

-Elder Tayler Hagen


old ward boundaries above, new below (with the new ward's area, Brandermill)


The Mustache Gang (love reminders that these are still young kids)






No comments:

Post a Comment